Executive Administrator - Legal Operations Department
Every day, people across Illinois are denied the basic rights to which they are entitled under the law simply because they can’t afford a lawyer. It’s Prairie State Legal Services' mission to change that.
PSLS is currently seeking an outstanding candidate to fill the new role of Executive Administrator for the Legal Operations Department. This role reports to the Director of Legal Operations and is responsible for providing a wide range of high-level administrative support to PSLS leadership. The work of the Executive Administrator supports the organization in achieving its mission of providing equal access to justice and high-quality legal services by monitoring and carrying out essential processes and procedures to support the work of the Legal Operations department.
The Executive Administrator is responsible for providing support to the Director of Legal Operations, the Director of Complex and Appellate Litigation, the Director of Family and Survivor Advocacy, the Director of Intake Services, and the Director of Pro Bono Services. This position will encompass a wide variety of responsibilities and duties, including:
- Assisting with monitoring the Legal Operations email account and coordinating the flow of responses and assignments to various Legal Operations staff
- Utilizing PSLS’ case management system to conduct error check reports and other data management
- Serving as the PSLS Language Access Coordinator, including working with third-party vendors to coordinate translation and interpreter requests from Legal Operations staff
- Coordinate third-party services for PSLS clients, including fingerprinting and drug testing, when necessary to achieve high-quality legal services
- Managing scheduling for the Director of Legal Operations
- Assisting PSLS’ Human Resources department in ensuring proper documentation of licensure for Legal Operations staff
- Completing other administrative tasks as assigned by the Director of Legal Operations
Salary and Benefits
The Executive Administrator position is a full-time position at 37.5 hours per week. PSLS offers a salary that is competitive with similar organizations. The salary range of this position typically starts at $42,000 to $55,334 annually and increases with relevant experience. The starting salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on prior relevant experience. PSLS is committed to providing an excellent, comprehensive benefits package to its full-time employees that includes:
- Health insurance, including the opportunity to qualify for a wellness credit
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403b retirement plan, including employer contributions
- Training and education programs
- PTO that starts at 3 weeks/year and increases with additional years worked at PSLS
- Paid sick leave
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave after one year of employment
- 12 paid holidays
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent plus two years of relevant work experience OR Associate’s degree in related field required
- Experience and passion for working with low-income and underserved populations strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and very detail-oriented
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Experience working with social media and websites
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, Zoom, Microsoft Office Suite, and other online platforms
- Proficiency with office equipment (e.g., printers, fax machines, scanners, copiers and postage machines)
Application Details – Resumes until position is filled
Please indicate “Executive Administrator-Legal Operations” in the subject line and email a letter explaining your interest and experience, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prairie State Legal Services is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, pay, and promote qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, expression or presentation, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
PSLS is a nonprofit civil legal aid organization that has served northern and central Illinois for 45 years, maintains 11 office locations, and has a staff of over 200 employees, including training and litigation staff with extensive experience. Our 36-county service area includes rural communities, suburban areas, and mid-size urban cities, which necessitates the development of diverse strategies, and we encourage our staff to cultivate and utilize creative approaches to reach and serve our client population. Employees of PSLS benefit from the expertise and community connections of their local office staff, along with robust program-wide resources. We strive to provide an array of services responsive to the needs of our clients. PSLS has excellent fiscal controls and upholds the highest rating from Charity Navigator and Guidestar. For more information regarding PSLS services and operations, please visit our website at https://pslegal.org.