Everyone Deserves An Opportunity To Provide For Themselves And Their Family
At Prairie State Legal Services, we work to empower individuals by increasing access to education and employment. We help clients improve their quality of life through increased access to income support programs. We remove barriers to employment for people with arrest and conviction histories.
We help people with disabilities get the support they need to reach their potential and live with dignity. We help clients resolve income tax disputes with the IRS and we help clients facing unfair debt collection. We help children get the education they need to succeed and thrive, including helping children with disabilities get necessary support.
- Seeking expungements and sealing criminal records, restoring driver’s licenses, and removing other barriers to employment, education and housing
- SNAP (Food Stamp) and TANF (cash) denials, calculations, overpayments and sanctions
- Medical assistance denials, terminations, spend down issues (Medicaid, Medicare)
- SSI and Social Security denials, cessations, terminations, overpayments and garnishments
- Special education, school discipline, and school enrollment issues
- Community Care Program and Home Services Program issues
- Tax disputes with IRS, including innocent spouse relief, identity theft, and collections