Everyone Deserves A Safe Space
And Decent Place To Call Home
At Prairie State Legal Services, we help our clients solve serious housing issues, including eviction, unsafe living conditions, denial of subsidized housing benefits, and improper shut-off of utilities.
- Subsidized housing (public housing, Section 8 and other rental assistance) evictions, termination of assistance, rent calculations, and admissions issues
- Discrimination and disability accommodation
- Eviction from mobile home parks
- Evictions by private landlords
- Housing protection for seniors, veterans, people living with HIV/AIDS
- Foreclosure, property tax and other homeownership issues
- We receive special funding to conduct Fair Housing enforcement, testing, and education in several communities across our service area.