Executive Administrator - Rockford
Every day, people across Illinois are denied the basic rights to which they are entitled under the law simply because they can’t afford a lawyer. It’s Prairie State Legal Services mission to change that.
PSLS is currently seeking an Executive Administrator. This role reports to the Director of Compliance Operations and is responsible for providing a wide range of high-level administrative support to PSLS leadership. The Executive Administrator plays an important role in maintaining organizational compliance by monitoring and carrying out essential processes and procedures. The work of the Executive Administrator supports the organization in achieving its mission of providing equal access to justice and high-quality legal services to underserved communities by ensuring that internal compliance operations are effectively maintained.
The Executive Administrator is responsible for managing the oversight of the administrative office space in Rockford, IL, and providing support to the Director of Compliance Operations, the Manager of Training, and the Manager of Communications. This position will encompass a wide variety of responsibilities and duties, including:
- Working 100% in-person in the Rockford office to maintain the office space and conference room, act as a contact with the landlord and maintenance, handle deliveries, process the mail, and welcome guests
- Make remote daily deposits of donations received at the Rockford Admin Office, travel to the local bank to make deposits as needed
- Maintain, order and deliver office supplies for all Admin staff
- Oversee all aspects of Admin office events (eg. securing space, setting up technology, ordering food, preparing and sending out invitations, and confirming RSVPs)
- Answer calls to the administrative phone line and forward those calls to the appropriate staff
- Support the Director of Compliance Operations with litigation and administrative matters, organizing and maintaining office files, organizing and filing (often electronically) key documents
- Facilitate the collection, signing, and filing of timesheets across all departments, confirming timesheets have been properly completed and following up with staff as needed
- Coordinate Board Meetings, including managing invitations, reminders, and RSPVPs, creating public notices, setting up meetings (in-person and virtually), work with DCO and Executive Director to prepare agendas and exhibits, uploading and maintaining Board materials on an online platform
- Provide general support to the Manager of Training (including data entry for attorney continuing legal education credits, maintaining the training calendar, coordinating travel and training registrations)
- Provide general support to the Manager of Communications (including daily monitoring of emails received in administration and PSLS info email boxes, uploading content to social media, maintaining the communications’ calendar and the PSLS website)
Salary and Benefits
The Executive Administrator position is a full-time position at 37.5 hours per week. PSLS offers a salary competitive with similar organizations. The salary range of this position typically starts at $42,000 to $55,334 annually and increases with relevant experience. The starting salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on prior relevant experience. PSLS is committed to providing an excellent, comprehensive benefits package to its full-time employees that includes:
- Health insurance, including the opportunity to qualify for a wellness credit
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 403b retirement plan, including employer contributions
- Training and education programs
- PTO that starts at 3 weeks/year and increases with additional years worked at PSLS
- Paid sick leave
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave after one year of employment
- 12 paid holidays
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent plus two years of relevant work experience OR Associate’s degree in related field required
- Experience and passion for working with low-income and underserved populations strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and very detail-oriented
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Experience working with social media and websites
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, Zoom, Microsoft Office Suite, and other online platforms
- Proficiency with office equipment (e.g., printers, fax machines, scanners, copiers, and postage machines)
Application Details – Resumes until the position is filled
Please indicate “Executive Administrator” in the subject line and email a letter explaining your interest and experience, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prairie State Legal Services is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, pay, and promote qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, expression or presentation, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
PSLS is a not-for-profit civil legal aid organization that has served northern and central Illinois for 45 years, maintains 11 office locations, and has a staff of nearly 224 employees, including training and litigation staff with extensive experience. Our 36-county service area includes rural communities, suburban areas, and mid-size urban cities, which necessitates the development of diverse strategies, and we encourage our staff to cultivate and utilize creative approaches to reach and serve our client population. Employees of PSLS benefit from the expertise and community connections of their local office staff, along with robust program-wide resources. We strive to provide an array of services responsive to the needs of our clients. PSLS has excellent fiscal controls and upholds the highest rating from Charity Navigator and Guidestar. For more information regarding PSLS services and operations, please visit our website at https://pslegal.org.